ABOUT DR. WOO
Dr. Stephanie L. Woo was born and raised in Lake Havasu City, AZ. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Arizona with a degree in Biology Science Education. She graduated with honors from the Southern California College of Optometry. She completed a Cornea and Contact Lens Residency at the University of Missouri, St. Louis, where she was trained to fit highly irregular corneas.
She was the recipient of the Gas Permeable Lens Institute Award for Clinical Excellence and also the John R. Griffin Award for Excellence in Vision Therapy. Dr. Woo is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a Fellow of the Scleral Lens Society.
She authored the Gas Permeable Lens Expert column in Review of Contact Lenses. She is a frequent author to several professional publications including Contact Lens Spectrum, Contact Lens and Cornea section of the American Optometric Association, Review of Cornea and Contact Lenses, and Review of Optometric Business.
She is an active GPLI advisory board member. Dr. Woo is a Past President of the Scleral Lens Education Society, a non-profit organization committed to teaching the art and science of scleral lenses to practitioners.
Dr. Woo is an adjunct professor at Midwestern University. Dr. Woo enjoys lecturing around the world on the subject of contact lenses and anterior segment ocular disease.
Dr. Woo owns the Contact Lens Institute of Nevada, a clinic dedicated entirely to custom contact lenses. The Contact Lens Institute offers revolutionary technology such as the EyePrintProsthetic and sMap scleral topography to assist in complex clinical cases.
In her spare time, Dr. Woo is an avid wine collector and is a Level 2 WSET Sommelier.
- Cornea and Contact Lens Residency Trained
- Fellow of the Scleral Lens Society
- Past President of the Scleral Lens Education Society
- Only practitioner in Nevada certified to fit the EyePrintProsthetic
- Only clinic in Nevada offering sMap 3D corneo-scleral topography
- Only clinic in Nevada offering Ovitz higher order abberation lens technology
- Delivers continuing education on the topic of specialty contact lenses and anterior segment disease worldwide
- To date, has successfully managed over 2,000 specialty contact lens patients
- Key opinion leader for major contact lens companies
- Highly skilled in fitting complex corneal conditions such as keratoconus, refractive surgery complications, post corneal transplant, ocular surface conditions (severe dry eye disease, Sjogren’s, graft-vs-host, unresolving epithelial defects), corneal scarring, ocular trauma, prosthetic contact lenses, and much more!
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Published author to Contact Lens Spectrum, Review of Optometry, Review of Cornea and Contact Lens, Review of Optometric Business and EyeWitness
- Midwestern University - College of Optometry Adjunct Faculty Member
- Recipient of the Gas Permeable Lens Institute’s Award for Clinical Excellence
ABOUT DR. WONG
A native of Las Vegas, NV, Dr. Jenny Wong graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. With a discovered passion for eyecare, Dr. Wong furthered her education at the Pacific University College of Optometry, where she also conducted specialized research investigating differences in various retinal imaging modalities. She proudly graduated Pacific University with both a Doctor of Optometry and a Master of Science in Vision Science.
Dr. Wong has completed clinical externships at Stuttgart Optometry Clinic at the U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart based in Germany, The Koetting Eye Center in St. Louis, MO, Omni Eye Services of New Jersey, and Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center in Lake Havasu, AZ. Dr. Wong has received extensive training in the field of specialty contact lenses to provide the best possible vision, as well as the treatment and management of a variety of ocular conditions with the use of rigid gas permeable lenses and scleral lenses. In addition, she is passionate in the areas of myopia control and orthokeratology.
Dr. Wong loves to be part of the optometric community, both an active member of the American Optometric Student Association and National Optometric Student Association during her studies as well the AMIGOS Eye Care, a non-profit organization, where she served a mission trip with the Children’s Wellness Foundation to provide eye care services in Costa Rica.
While a professional in the office, outside of work Dr. Wong enjoys indoor gardening, exercising, experiencing new cultures during her travels, and from time-to-time, unwinding by singing and playing on her ukulele.